Marina di Ragusa - History
Marina di Ragusa is a town in the south-east island of Sicily, part of the municipality of Ragusa, just 25 km from the main city, Ragusa. Marina di Ragusa is mainly famous for its beautiful sandy beaches, nightlife and a pleasant climate. The town has an official population of 4.000 people but during the summer it gets over 50,000 inhabitants.
The climate in Marina di Ragusa is typical Mediterranean, pleasant for more than 9 month a year. It is one of the most equipped and claimed seaside place in south-eastern Sicily, attracting thousand of visitors for its beautiful long sandy beaches, restaurants, bars and shops.
From Marina di Ragusa is easy to visit some of the most attractive Sicilian sights which have been awarded from "UNESCO". The eight towns in south-eastern Sicily: Caltagirone, Militello Val di Catania, Catania, Modica, Noto, Palazzolo, Ragusa and Scicli, were all rebuilt after 1693 on or beside towns existing at the time of the earthquake which took place in that year. They represent a considerable collective undertaking, successfully carried out at a high level of architectural and artistic achievement. Keeping within the late Baroque style of the day, they also depict distinctive innovations in town planning and urban building.
This locality was also elected one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in Italy by the renowned social web-site Trip Advisor.